Casablanca has numerous recycling containers located around the community near all the trash receptacles. It is important to remember to NOT bag your recyclables – place only loose recyclable materials directly into your collection container.
You can help minimize this fee by not throwing the following into the recycling bins:
· Food waste
· Plastic bags
· Polystyrene foam cups, containers and Styrofoam
The association is penalized with a “Contamination Fee” for putting non-recyclables into the recycling bins.
We encourage that you and your tenant use the recycling containers that are provided for the following:
· Steel, tin and aluminum cans
· Plastic bottles and containers
· Flattened cardboard and paperboard
· Glass bottles and jars
In response to California requirement SB1383 new rules for Organics Recycling which came effective in 2022, Casablanca installed 4 x 65 gallon containers and 2 x 3 yard receptacles around the community to support this mandate. These containers are provided for ONLY disposal of the following:
· Food waste (Food scraps, meats, dairy, eggs, fish, fruits, vegetables, coffee grounds, and bakery items).
· Food soiled paper goods (Coffee filters, tea bags, soiled paper bags, paper towels, napkins and uncoated takeout containers).
· Yard Waste Only and Non-Hazardous wood waste - small tree limbs, brush, plant materials or grass. Please do not include rocks, dirt, or soil.