• chevron_rightCan I leave my payment at the association office?
    No, payments are handled by the Associations bookkeeping offsite company, Associated Professional Services (APS), and not Casablanca’s onsite team.  
  • chevron_rightCan I make arrangements to automatically pay my association fee each month?
    Yes, this is highly encouraged and is easy to set up.  You can do this one of two ways.  Either set up a recurring bill-pay from your own financial institution to mail a check to APS, or even better, set up an ACH recurring payment using your Casablanca / APS account for monthly dues.
    Bill Pay using your financial institution
    Have payments sent to:
    Penasquitos Casablanca Owners Assn. 
    C/O Associated Professional Service P.O Box 95874
    Las Vegas, NV 89193-5874
    Overnight Payment of assessments may be sent/delivered to the following address:
    Penasquitos Casablanca Owners Association
    c/o Associated Professional Services
    7007 Mission Gorge Road, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92120
    Setting up ACH from the Casablanca APS website:
    Type https://aps.vmsclientonline.com in your web browser and enter your account number and password.  You can find your account number and password by referencing your welcome letter, or by calling 619-299-6899. You can also reach us by email at info@apsmanagement.com. 
  • chevron_rightHow do I pay my association fees?
    You should have received a coupon book that provides all the information above to sign up for ACH (preferred) or payment from your financial institution.  You can also send in a manual check with the payment coupon if preferred.  
  • chevron_rightWhen are my association fees due?
    Fees are due on the first day of each month.  If using auto-pay from your financial institution, or mailing a paper check,  it is important to schedule mailing at least 5 business days prior to the due date to allow time for mailing.  
  • chevron_rightWhen is my association fee considered late and what does this cost me?
    A $10.00 late fee is added to the owner’s account if payment is not paid within thirty (30) days after they become due.  APS will also charge a $7.50 fee for late Notices (late Fee Processing).  A charge of $25., in addition to late fees, if applicable, will be assessed against any account whose check has been returned for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF).
  • chevron_rightWhat happens at Board Meetings?
    Board meetings are conducted in accordance with the Association’s governing documents and the Davis-Stirling Act.  The meetings are open to anyone who wishes to attend, and are very informative regarding all manner of activity and administration of the Casablanca Penasquitos complex.  It is a great opportunity to get involved in the success and growth of the complex and community.
    Until COVID protocols are ceased, meetings are conducted via Zoom:
    Meeting ID: 971 7763 0057
    Dial in: +1-669-900-6833, 97177630057#
  • chevron_rightWhen is the monthly Board of Directors meeting held?
    Board meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month, starting at 6:30 PM. The meetings are held at the clubhouse normally. All members of the Association are welcome to attend the board meetings.
    Currently as of March, 2020, the monthly board meetings are held via zoom meeting:
    Meeting ID: 971 7763 0057

    Dial in: +1 669-900-6833, 97177630057#,
  • chevron_rightHow do I shut off the electricity to my unit?
    There are individual breakers in the electrical panel inside your unit that you may shut off. There is a main breaker in the electrical service closet. However, only the Association maintenance personnel or a representative from SDG&E can open this utility closet and shut-off the main switch.
  • chevron_rightHow do I shut off the gas to my unit?
    The gas can be shut off ONLY IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY (i.e. earthquake, fire, flood, etc.). The shut-off valves are located in the utility service closet marked “Gas Room”.
  • chevron_rightHow do I shut off the water to my unit?
    Water shut-off can only happen for the entire physical building, not for each individual unit within that building, so shutting off water to one unit shuts down water to all the units that share the building.  Casablanca has on average 12 units per building, so this is important to understand and coordinate.  The following link covers the water shut-off policy and steps, and must be adhered to closely.  Understand that no water shutoff projects will normally be approved on weekends, evenings and holidays (normally plumbing activities are also more expensive during these times).  Casablanca Water Shutoff Request Water Shutoff Request.
  • chevron_rightCan I leave my vehicle temporarily parked in the FIRE LANE (red curb) while unloading or loading my vehicle?
    NO. Parking in a Fire Lane is not only against our rules – it is AGAINST THE LAW. Violators will be towed. The roadways and parking areas in Casablanca are very narrow, often allowing only one vehicle. Should any emergency occur while you are out of your vehicle and parked in a Fire Lane, the fire trucks and emergency vehicles may not be able to get through the area – endangering lives and property. Your immediate convenience is simply not worth someone else’s life.
  • chevron_rightCan I park a trailer or big truck in my parking spaces?
    NO. Utility trailers, trucks over 3/4 tons, 1 ton dual wheeled pickups, large vans, moving vans, and trailered boats and boats are not permitted. They are too large for any carport space or open parking space and would interfere with the cars parked on either side.
  • chevron_rightCan I use a Guest Parking space for my car if I live here?
    NO. Guest parking is exactly that – for guests only. Each unit has 2 deeded parking spaces in which to store the resident’s vehicles. City code requires that a certain number of spaces within the development be reserved for guests. This allows our residents to actually provide parking spaces for guests when they visit. If Casablanca residents use these spaces, there is no place for the guests to park.
  • chevron_rightHow can I locate an additional parking space to rent?
    The process is rather informal and up to you. The association does NOT rent spaces. Individual owners can rent them. You have a few options open to you on connecting with an owner: choose one or all . . .
    * Post a notice on our website, using the Classified Ads feature.
    * Contact your neighbors and see if they are not using a space and are willing to rent.
    * Post a notice on the clubhouse bulletin board (not a lot of traffic or response)
  • chevron_rightWhat am I supposed to do with my third vehicle?
    If there are more than 2 cars for the residents of your unit, you have two choices for parking the third vehicle ….
    * Park it outside the complex (on the street)
    * Rent an unused parking space from another owner
    You do NOT have the right to park in Guest Parking. Guest parking spaces belong to the association and violators will be towed.
  • chevron_rightWhat can I do if someone parks in one of my parking spaces?
    The violating car can be towed. Only the owner or resident of the unit can have the violator car towed. You will need to show proof of residency when the tow truck arrives.
    Please call Western Towing at 619-297-8697 or 858-273-8542 to have a vehicle towed.
  • chevron_rightWhere can my guests park when they visit me?
    We have a limited number of guest parking spaces located on the back driveway. If all the guest parking is full, your guests will have to park on the street. If they park in numbered spaces other than guest parking, they can and will be towed at the car owner’s expense.
    If your guests are visiting for more than a day, they need a guest parking permit, which is attainable from either the Property Patrol or the office. Please arrange for a parking permit before the weekend.
  • chevron_rightWho is responsible for cleaning the parking lots and roadways?
    The association has a street sweeping contractor that sweeps all the asphalt surfaces.
  • chevron_rightWho is supposed to clean up the oil in the parking areas?
    Since the parking spaces are actually deeded to the owners (except Guest parking), the owner or tenant is responsible for cleaning up any oil in the parking space. Oil in guest parking spaces is cleaned up by the Association.
  • chevron_rightTrash and Recycling FAQs?
    Casablanca has numerous recycling containers located around the community near all the trash receptacles. It is important to remember to NOT bag your recyclables – place only loose recyclable materials directly into your collection container.  
    You can help minimize this fee by not throwing  the following into the recycling bins:
    ·       Garbage
    ·       Food waste
    ·       Plastic bags
    ·       Polystyrene foam cups, containers and Styrofoam
    The association is penalized with a “Contamination Fee” for putting non-recyclables into the recycling bins.
    We encourage that you and your tenant use the recycling containers  that are provided for the following:
    ·       Steel, tin and aluminum cans
    ·       Plastic bottles and containers
    ·       Paper
    ·       Flattened cardboard and paperboard
    ·       Glass bottles and jars
    In response to California requirement SB1383 new rules for Organics Recycling which came effective in 2022, Casablanca installed 4 x 65 gallon containers and 2 x 3 yard receptacles around the community to support this mandate.  These containers are provided for ONLY disposal of the following:
    ·      Food waste (Food scraps, meats, dairy, eggs, fish, fruits, vegetables, coffee grounds, and bakery items).
    ·      Food soiled paper goods (Coffee filters, tea bags, soiled paper bags, paper towels, napkins and uncoated takeout containers).
    ·      Yard Waste Only and Non-Hazardous wood waste - small tree limbs, brush, plant materials or grass. Please do not include rocks, dirt, or soil.
  • chevron_rightWhat happens if I violate one of the rules?
    Please refer to the "Documents and Forms" page on this website.  The section on Rules violations can be found here.
  • chevron_rightWhat if I did not know about the rule will I still receive a fine?
    It is your responsibility as a resident to know, understand and abide by our rules. It is also your responsibility to educate your children and your guests and ensure that they do not violate the association rules. It is the actual owner who has the financial responsibility of paying any fines that are incurred. But, most non-resident owners simply pass this burden onto the tenant who violated the rule(s).
  • chevron_rightWhere can I get a copy of the Rules Book?
    The Rules are available online here: Rules.
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact to report a rules violation?
    You have more than one method of reporting violations. You can ….
    * Call the management office during normal working hours (484-8220), and make a verbal report.
    * Use the Casablanca web site - select CONTACT US (for an email report.)  Include details such as date, time, and violator's address.
  • chevron_rightWho establishes the Association's rules?
    The Board of Directors establishes the rules.  The framework for the rules are set by municipal, state and county codes, which form the base of the CC&R's.  The current rulebook was developed in 2000 through a commitee of the board members and 20 owners, with input from the other owners.  However, rules can be changed by the Board without a majority vote of the homeowners.
  • chevron_rightWhy are there so many rules surrounding what I can place on my patio or balcony?
    Casablanca has maintained a very pleasant and professional living experience for all of the 500 units since it was built in the 1980s.  This is largely to do with administering the patio and balcony use, since patios and balconies at loosely maintained complexes pose one of the highest causes of consternation for residents over time.   
    Rules that manage things such as coverings, plants, and other allowed / disallowed items are most often rooted in architectural preservation.  For example, allowing plants of unlimited size or quantity on balconies often leads to water damage that can result in major balcony repair expense for the complex.